I have always had a great bonding with my dad from sharing secrets to having a heart to heart conversation, he was all ears to me and gave me best of advices and words of wisdom. The reason for our bonding is my Mom, and her way of getting us gel together since the very beginning. It is really very important to help them build a bond from the very beginning, because its much easier that time. We were always in a joint family, with maids and all and same is the case with my daughter. Therefore, in order to create a bond between my husband and my daughter, I try to follow these tricks:
- Give them some alone time without any help around, so the kid will know that even papa can do my chores properly and trust them better.
- Ask him to join you both frequently to parks, school, kids zone or any place that you go, this way the baby will know that dad is always around and there for them.
- Give him the toughest task, that is to entertain the little one. Like reading a book to them, coloring along or teaching them stuff. Through this the baby will know that dad is fun to have around.
- Encourage them to have conversations with each other by sharing how their day was or what new things they learned or anything which will make them feel closer to each other.
- Let your husband spoil them a little, because we know Moms are always their favorite person, but if you will let their dad pick their favorite stuff for them then this will definitely give dad a little edge over mommy.
There is absolutely no denial about the fact the Dad and Mom loves the kid equally but still somehow kids tend to be closer to their Moms because of the time they spend with her. If we help dads a little from the beginning then you never know, Dads may become equally favorite for your child.
I would like to thank Silja for introducing me and would like to now introduce Nehal from EasyHomeRemedies, an IT engg by qualification, Mommie to a 5 year old cutie pie who loves to do her job very much honestly. Love to explore new things. Knowing, inventing and advising home remedies to all is my way to love people around me.